We produce high quality DVD for schools to use for staff development. We have separate Primary and Secondary School DVDs and we provide free downloadable samples on our YouTube site. To view the samples from Primary Perspectives click on the YouTube link at the top of this page.
We chose four Primary schools to film which were on the up! Schools which were on a rapid course to improvement and were happy to share their experience of the successes and failures. One of the Head Teachers we interviewed took his school from Special Measures to Outstanding in less than 18 months. Read his story here
The full contents of Primary Perspectives with details of how to obtain your discount are below.
The full contents of the DVD with suggestions for use in staff development can be found here using this link http://issuu.com/alistairsmithlearning/docs/primary_perspectives_dvd_contents
Primary Perspectives – DVD One Contents (17 clips)
1. Introduction by Alistair Smith
2. Four different Head Teacher Interviews on leading and managing change
3. Four Leadership Team discussions focused on improving learning and teaching
4. Eight whole school strategies for enhancing learning including use of Blogs and Codes, Forest School, Layout for Learning, IPad Detectives
Primary Perspectives – DVD Two Contents (23 clips)
1. Challenge, Choice and Connections – differentaition, crime scene, target setting and next steps
2. Feedback and Marking – self, peer and teacher assessment
3. Questioning and Metacognition – deep learning questions, developing thinking and reflection
4. Landmarking Progress – using rubrics, sharing learning outcomes, technology and working walls
5. Collaborative Working – purposeful groups, experts and spies, display for learning
“This excellent and beautifully produced resource provides teachers and leaders with highly practical examples of classroom strategies that have been shown to deepen understanding and accelerate pupil progress. The video clips are well produced and provide superb modelling of the chosen strategies within a real-life classroom situation.”
Gary Holden, NLE, CEO of Williamson Trust
To obtain your own copy of Primary Perspectives use the contact sheet link at the foot of the page below. Provide your full name, title, address and we will post it to you free of charge. Primary Perspectives is discounted to £198 for site users. VAT applies for UK customers. A site licence is free for each purchasing school to allow multiple users within the school.